By Terrilyn Kunopaski
Top travel partners were given special recognition by WestJet and WestJet Vacations last night at the second-annual Partner Awards gala event.
In true WestJet spirit, emceed by their own Ian Smyth, the evening included flight giveaways and trip prizes in partnership with the Las Vegas Conventions & Visitors Authority and AMResorts.
The key message was one of thanks by both the airline and tour operator for the continued support of the travel agent community. The agency channel remains a priority for both business units, especially as product and destinations continue to grow, most recently with the introduction of a second transatlantic route to Glasgow, Scotland from Halifax, Nova Scotia set to begin May 2015.
Winners of the 2014 WestJet Partner Awards are as follows:
– Top USA partner: Vegas.com
– Top Canadian tour operator: Skyroute
– Top cruise line partner: Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
– WestJet Vacations top growth multi-national: Flight Centre Canada
– WestJet Vacations top growth national: Maritime Travel
– WestJet Vacations top growth regional: Uniglobe East
– WestJet top multi-national: HRG
– WestJet top growth national: Vision Travel Solutions
– WestJet top regional: Expedia CruiseShipCenters
– Top overall WestJet sales: TravelBrands
Check back to PAXnews.com on Monday for insight to WestJet’s future thanks to a one-on-one interview with Bob Cummings, vice-president, sales, marketing & guest experience.
Original article found on www.paxnews.com